Thursday 12 January 2012

something old and something new.

So ladies. I have a question for you. If you go to the gym what do you do when you are there? 
Do you have a womens gym? Do you feel comfortable working out with the men? 


I ask this as the gym I am currently a member of has taken away the womens gym. They were the only gym in the area ( that I know of ) that has a womens designated area. 


Just taken away like that. Now the men have free range of all the gym and quite frankly I find it intimidating. When I asked other ladies of the gym they felt the same as myself. One of the ladies said she had asked one of the gym managers and his response was that by putting females out in the open with the males they will be driven to work harder like the men? 


I am just curious even if you aren't a member of a gym what your opinions on this are? How would you feel? 


This morning after cardio I went to attempt to do some weights but felt so intimidated by grunting sweaty men huffing and puffing everywhere. 


Don't get me wrong I understand gyms wanting change and to experiment with different angles. I understand not every woman feels the way I do and that some would just say your working out either way just do it. 








Day 324 of 365:
I've just gotten back from Helen's Keep Fit Class. If your wanting a bit of change from your regular gym routine and or like me would like to just be surrounded by other women. Come to Helen's Keep Fit class every Thursday from 7-8. 
This is my all time favourite zip hoodie. I've had it since I was probably 19 ( my goodness that sounds so young now, although I know it was only 5 years ago) FIVE YEARS AGO. Holy moly. 
I will also have you know I FINALLY, yes FINALLY purchased a new pair of trainers. 
They are doing pretty good so far. I mean they are nike at the end of the day so they wouldn't let me down. Although I do miss my red trainers the moment I started seeing my big toe through the seem I knew it was time to give in and find a pair. 



Also I'm thrilled to be seeing Florence on the cover of Vogue. Yours truly will be seeing her in concert come March with some girlfriends. :)
She's so beautiful! 

I would also like to say that I'm seeing all these arkansas updates about how cold it's getting. ITS ABOUT TIME. I've been tired of being so jealous of how warm it is while I'm over here literally freezing away. 

Take care everyone 

You've got the love to see me through...... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers