Wednesday 13 April 2011

Hello everyone!
Sorry so late been a long and productive day!
Just got back from seeing my friend Louise whom I havent seen in way to long. She and some of my other friends are going to Adele this weekend. So jealous!! Then she is going to Latvia for a few days.

Today David and I went to Ikea and got some big glass vases for our candy jars at the reception. Also got a really cool picture frame. :) Tomorrow I'm going with Pam to a few Antique shops fingers crossed we come across some fabulous finds!

So today a bride messaged me about a few make up questions. I being a bride as well am in the search for good make up yada yada so I thought I'd share these
 Bobbi Brown Bridal Beauty Tips :

Use a moisturizer that will prepare the skin for makeup. Avoid sunblocks and sunscreens that can give you a 'flash off' to makeup. They reflect too much light under flash photogrpahy, resulting in an over exposed shot. (I'll correct Bobbi there and say that only if the photographer over exposes the picture will it look this way, but still a good tip to help decrease the chance of that.)

Flash photography emphasizes pink tones, so be sure to even out skin with a yellow-tones foundation.

Set concealer and foundation with Sheer Finish Loose Powser to make them longer-lasting to ensure tha tskin looks matte in pictures.

 If your dress has an open neckline, be sure to warm up your neck and chest with a dusting of Bronzing Powder.

Choose water-resistant eye makeup  formulas like Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner and No Smudge Mascara.

Define Brows  with a soft matte shadow that matches the hair colour.

After applying all your eye makeup  finish with a highlighter shade on the browbone to make eyes pop. Rub your finger in a light matte shade, and pat lightly on the outer corner of the brow

I do really like alot of the Bobbi Brown line. I've used the longwear gel eyeliner and its fabulous.
And since its not like a pencil it doesnt have a set thin or thickness to it, you choose.
I'd also like to say if you have dark circles, blemishes or a scar you'd like to hide Benefit do alot of amazing concealers. I actually have two of their concealers. The Boiing is a very light but amazing coverage option, it's not very cakey and also doesn't dry out the area you are trying to cover. The Erase paste is a bit thicker and sticky but once it's on its on. It works really good for the dark circles under the eye or just spots in general.



Now onto Wishful Wednesdays.
I thought in light of todays blog post I would make it makeup related.


1. Clarins Skin Illusion- I bought a magazine a few weeks ago and there was a sample of this in it and it was the most amazing thing that has ever touched my face. It was amazing felt so light but had such amazing coverage and lasted long. Can be found at any Clarins counter in John Lewis, Selfridges, Boots and Sephora to name a few.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- I actually have this but it's running very very very low but my face loves it. It's not your number one go to for coverage but it's perfect for those days where you just need a little something on the face and it's very hydrating. I love it.
3. One word: CHANEL. I don't even need to explain, I  mean who wouldn't want red Chanel lipstick?
4. When I made my last Sephora purchase Smashbox included two samples of these two items and they were such a fabulous way to start and finish the make up process. They are just so expensive!!!

OK I realllllly need to wrap this up I have 6 minutes to finish this post.

Day 52 of 365:

Always good to have a bit of a sense of humour. Take a moment and just be silly. :)

This was us a year ago


can't wait to see next years picture

Ooop like 45 seconds........


byyyyye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers