Wednesday 18 January 2012

scrummies

Day 330? Are you serious? In thirty five days I will have been blogging for a year? It really doesn't feel that long but then some days it does.

Soooo.... Did you know that you can substitute a banana for butter when baking cookies? Maybe bananas isn't your thing. Maybe your a peanut butter kind of gal? Or maybe you don't like either which I don't know how you couldn't like peanut butter buuuuut maybe Nutella is your thing? Well all of them can be substituted for butter or better yet you could even mix the three? Oh yes you can.

I did do half of a batch just sub with banana because my dear friend Helen doesn't like peanut butter OR nutella? How can we even be friends ;) and then the other half I added some nutella and peanut butter in the mix.

What you would need is one large banana. one egg. 115g Brown sugar 150g flour a big spoonful of baking powder. cinnamon(of course). chocolate chips. vanilla extract.

Say you were going for the peanut butter/ nutella route I'd probably only use half the banana and then two big spoonfuls of your choice of the above.

Mix banana, pbutter or nutella with the brown sugar til creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Add in the chocolate chips. Add the Flour and baking powder. Scoop out spoonfuls onto baking sheet maybe a few spoonfuls in the mouth. pop in 240 degree oven. about 12-15 minutes later you have yourself some scrummies.



Day 330 of 365:
Let's just say we all liked them so much there is only 3 left. 

( the darker ones are the nutella subbed ones, they aren't burnt. ) 

Toodles for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers