Monday 16 January 2012

He had a dream.


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy..."

You know in school( I don't know about English schools.. but American.) on the first few days where you fill out questionnaires in your classes. They always ask your name, how many siblings, favorite color and usually if you could meet one person who would it be. 
I always put Martin Luther King Jr. I can't completely explain it, I just did. I remember the first time learning about what a courageous man he was in fourth grade. I remember watching the horrific videos and awful things happening to the African Americans and anyone that stood by their side. What is color of skin? It's quite odd to think something so insignificant could cause such brutal nastiness and inhumanity. It was one of the first time I was truly moved. Think if everyone had that much courage? I sit and think of how minute problems seem and how easy I have had it. To think of the struggle of life and death each day. I have always thought I would have hoped I would have had the courage to not hide in fear or what I believe is right and wrong. 
Even if not for all of that but for the sheer fact of his public speaking and power in his voice. He didn't want violence he just wanted freedom. I could go on and on about how much respect and admiration I have for Mr. King, but I am finding a hard time to say what I really want to. 


It's sad how ignorant alot of people still are and the ones who still think they are better than others. The ones who still think color means something on a larger scale other than skin tone. 


    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."


Day 328 of 365:
Although David and I don't know where we are going to be living in the next year I've been trying to explore all possibilities and opportunities. Today I received something from Liverpool Hope. I thought the writing on the outside of the cover says it all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers