Friday 11 November 2011

Things on my mind right now.
Turning 24 next week means next year I'll be turning 25. #scary thought
Warm fireplace, cozy slippers and Christmas cookies.
Red Hot Chili Peppers and the amazingness they bring to my ears.
Homemade Christmas presents.
What will we be doing for New Years Eve.
Wishing I had a real job. 
Making my 24 things to do before 25 list. 
How adorable Luna is when she sleeps. 

Day 262 of 365:

SO I really love to just throw some things together and bake. Only problem is I never write anything down so I always forget the next time what even went into the mix. So today I threw a few things together and wrote it down. So I thought I would share a random creation with you.
Ingredients.
100g butter/margarine
60 g light brown muscovado sugar
40 g dark brown muscovado sugar
1 tbsp dark cocoa powder ( add more or less to your liking.I ended up putting another 1/2 in)
40g self raising flour
80g all purpose ( I would have done all self raising but only had 40g)
a pink of baking powder (a pink? meant a pinch!)
Sprinkle of cinnamon ofcourse
tsp of vanilla extract
two small pieces of dark chocolate and I chopped the pieces up like above.

Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon in. Put in the rest of the ingredients and mix together. (To be honest after beating butter and sugar I just kind of threw things in and mixed.) We don't have a blender so I hand beat everything with a  wooden ladle and a soup bowl. So best of luck with an actual mixer :).
Pulled the dough out of the bowl and rolled little balls and put into a preheated 220C oven for 9 minutes.
Viola. Let me know if you try it!
Oh and ps. I sprinkled some powdered sugar on the tops of them. It's up to you.

See you tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers