Tuesday 25 October 2011

Cute as a button.






Heylo Muggles. How are we all today? What did all did you get up to? I really wish this weather would make up it's mind. I either dress with too little or too much. You'd think after almost 2 years I'd be a better judge of what I should wear. Sticking my hand out the window just isn't cutting it. Maybe I should actually step outside before deciding and then choosing? So I have decided I want to bake atleast once a week. I just love it. I like taking recipes and tweaking them or just starting from scratch and see what I can come up with. Today we are taking my mother's banana nut bread recipe and tweaking it.
Her recipe calls for:
(Sorry for you english I'm going to use American measurements.)
1 3/4 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped nuts

I used
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup light brown muscavado
2 teaspoons baking powder
we didnt have baking soda in the house so i just poured a bit of self rasing flour in
I never use salt but I ALWAYS always always put a dash of cinnamon in everything.
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
and i put a handful of blueberry ready made oats instead of nuts


In a large mixing bowl combine 1cup flour, sugar , baking powder, and cinnamon together. Add mashed bananas, margarine and milk. Beat with an electric mixer or food processor. Add eggs and remaining flour, beat till blended. Stir in oats or nuts of your choice. ( Could always put chocolate chips in as well)I also sprinkled the oats on top just for looks.




Pour batter into greased loaf pan or mini loaf pans. Bake in oven 350 F 170 C for 55 to 60 minutes. ( I found with the mini loaf pans about 25 minutes)

Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. 



Then lastly and most importantly; Indulge.


Today we have been doing a bit more decorating and revamping. 
For Revamp Lamp you'll need. 
One plain lamp shade of choice and lots of buttons, knick knacks or material. 
Hot glue gun. 
Patience.




 Really simple. Just take your blank canvas and go to town. Whether you just wanna put a few or completely go wild it's up to you. The options are endless.

I'm a big fan of unstructured mess. 
I'm really in love with out it turned out. 

Day 246 of 365:

I love when the sky has a slight shade of pink. This world we live in is amazing isn't it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers