Wednesday 6 July 2011

 Aloha.
2 more wednesdays till Wedding wednesday is OUR WEDDING wednesday. :)

For todays post I have asked my friend Vicky (Check out her work here )  for a few bridal make up tips.

Brides don't have to get their make-up done by a professional. The most important thing is that the bride is happy with the make-up. If the bride feels confident enough to do her own make-up on the day it is completely fine. There are some make-up artists who have make-up lessons on offer for you to learn the best ways to apply your make-up. (I heard this is what kate middleton did for her wedding).

Brides can research their desired look if they wish but they must keep in mind that it's not going to make them look exactly like an image they have chosen which is why having a trial is a good idea. You will find that most brides tend to go for a very natural style make-up as it will not go out of date when looking back at the photos in years to come. I would recomend to keep it as similar to the make-up you wear from day to day so you know you will feel comfortable with how you look. I think the same would apply for lipstick, if the bride wears a certain colour lipstick (e.g. red) alot in day to day life then go for it on the day but just make sure you feel comfortable. Your wedding day is not the best time to try out a new look because if it goes wrong it will be with you for a long time.

Waterproof mascara is recommended for the bride and most females at the ceremony as i doubt anyone wants to look like alice cooper in a white dress. Other things that are good to keep to hand for any touch ups are lipstick/gloss and a bit of concealer.

To make sure your skin is looking it's best on the big day I would recommend to get a good nights rest, drink plenty of water and moisturise daily. Simple.

A few of my favouites:

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer
Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation
Benefit high Beam Highlighter
Collection 2000 Lasting perfection Concealer
Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector
Bourjois Intense Eyeshadows
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner
E.L.F. Conditioning Lip Balm
Thanks Vicky!!!!

Speaking of Weddings.... I think we definately have enough cake stands for our sweets table :)


Day 136 of 365:


I'm actually not minding the rain. Get it alll out the way before next week. :)
Like my sweet Casio David bought me? I loooove it.

This time next week My mom and Jim will already be here and we will be celebrating David's graduation.
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.


David, Paul, Gemma, Peter, Helen and I are going to go watch Bridesmaids tonight. The first time I saw the poster  I was like oh great another crap girly film, then when I saw the previews I thought it actually looks pretty funny. I shall let ya know.  It has the woman from Mike & Molly in it and my mom literallly DIES with laughter while watching it. I can't watch her without thinking of my mom's contagious, heart touching laugh. Only a couple more days. :)
Check back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers