Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hey folks.
How is everyone feeling today? Probably stillll reading yesterdays novel of a post I presume?
So seeing as it is prime time wedding season and also inching closer to my very own wedding, I have decided to change Wishful Wednesdays to Wedding Wednesdays. Whether discussing preperations for our wedding or just tips,tricks,projects and discussions it will be wedding related.

Today I have been throwing my vows around in my head a little bit. I've gotten a bit stuck and went onto theknot.com  and searched vows to see if they had any tips on writting your own vows.
Seeing as it is The knot, they ofcourse did!
I thought in favor of Wedding Wednesdays I would share them.
Twenty Tips on writting your own vows from theknot.com: 

1.What did you think when you first saw him/her? Start from the beginning -- you didn't want to go out and now you're grateful your friends dragged you out? How to use: When we met at __________, I knew __________.

2.When did you realize you were in love? The more specific you are able to be, the more touching the story. Was it when he helped you bring your sick puppy to the vet? How to use: I knew I was in love when ____________. Don't underestimate the power of humor. Throw in at least one more playful sentiment (When she recited Don Mattingly's RBI record...).

3.What do you have now that you didn't have before you met? Focus on the heart and head, not material possessions. Has she taught you to appreciate beauty differently? Has he helped you learn to savor creating a home-cooked meal? How to use: Before I met you, I ___________. Now I ___________.

4.How has your worldview changed? Life has likely gotten better since the two of you joined forces, so tell everyone about it. How to use: Because of you, I see the world __________. Having trouble? Think about the new things you've tried with your mate -- what have you experienced together that you never would have on your own?

5.What do you miss most when you're apart? This will probably be something mundane but powerful -- what about his smile first thing in the morning, or the way she puts out your lucky mug for your morning coffee? How to use: You are such a part of me that when you're gone, I __________.

6.Where do you see yourselves in 10 years? 20 years? 40 years? Go deeper than Happily married in a big house. What are your long-term hopes, dreams, and goals? How to use: I look forward to __________, laughing and __________ as we __________.

7. Is there a line from a movie, song, or poem that says it all? It's okay to borrow, as long as it's not too much of a cliche (we're sorry, but You complete me is suffering from overuse). Instead modify something familiar to personalize. How to use: Subtly. I watch you ________, and I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

8.Do parts of the traditional vows resonate with you? Maybe you're not so sure about the obey part, but can you really go wrong with love, cherish, and...? How to use: Try I promise to cherish and honor you ____________, but add a time frame and funny reference for levity: ...all the days of my life, especially when curled up on the couch with takeout.

9.Can you think of a funny or touching experience that put your partner in a new light? The way he played with your little cousin or helped your grandmother up the stairs showed you that under his macho exterior is a wittle, bitty bunny wabbit and you love him for it. How to use: When you ____________, I saw you for the _____________ person you are. And that made me want to ____________.

10.Is there a harrowing experience that strengthened your bond? This one rides tandem with #9. How to use: See #9.

11.What goals and values do you both have? Stating your common bond may just expose your inner Wordsworth. These ties -- whether your shared faith or your mutual love of wine -- will also help demonstrate why you're a perfect pair. How to use: We share ___________, so together we can ___________.

12.What about him/her inspires you? What is it about your fiance that you'd like to improve in yourself? What do you most respect about your partner? How to use: Your ___________ has shown me how to be___________.

13. What promise can you make to codify your devotion? Here's an opportunity to personalize your vows -- many couples pledge their endless love, but how many promise to take the dog out in the morning, even in the snow? How to use: I promise to always ___________.

14.How will you change together? You know what your goals are -- think about the steps the two of you will need to take together to reach them. How to use: I look forward to ___________ as we __________.

15.What metaphor (or simile) would capture your love? Think of something that describes or defines your love: Is it strong like a castle? Peaceful like a mountain stream? How to use: Our love is like a ___________ because it ___________.

16.Why are you entering the bond of marriage? Think about why marrying your fiance is so special. You may be surprised how the answer leads you to the perfect words. How to use: To me, marriage is ___________. With you, it's ___________.

17. What will keep your marriage strong? Find the bedrock of your relationship. What makes your relationship tick? Is it your resilience? Your shared sense of humor? How to use: Even when ___________, we will have ___________.

18. What are you most looking forward to about married life? The wedding is just the beginning. How to use: I look forward to ___________ as we embark on ___________.

19. What do you expect out of married life? Defining your expectations will help you make and keep promises. Think about your dreams, and what you'll have to vow to do to make them come true. How to use: I know our marriage will ___________ and I vow to ___________.

20. What words do you associate with love? Make a list of romantic terms so you can avoid overusing love -- too many repetitions dilute its power. How to use: My devotion/adoration/ passion is ___________.

These are so crazy because they really hit alot of personal points and have really helped my writers block.

I must admit guys that it's been way harder than I thought with David gone. You would think that us doing the distance for so long that I could hack it. False. I believe it has to do with having gone from that to seeing each other everyday to now there being an empty spot in the bed that I'm usually stealing the covers from. Waking up in the middle of the night to hearing David talk about football in his sleep which then turns to snoring and keeps me up to endless hours of the night. To waking up to breathe that smells like a cat took a poop in. I just miss him. By no means do I not want hiim to be having fun with his friends. I want that more than anything. Over the past year David has been working nights and also finishing his degree so hasnt really been able to come out and play unless it's been very special occasions. I do hope this week goes by so fast and he comes back to me soon.

You guys it is only FORTY TWO days until I become Mrs. David Aden. I cannot even describe the rush of anticipation and butterflies I get just typing that. ( I am going to prewarn you these next weeks leading up to the wedding will probably be filled with lots of I cant waits, excitement and how much I love Mr. David Aden.) Can you blame me though?




Day 115 of 365:
So as mentioned,  I woke up with a tug on my heart. I walked downstairs to make my daily dose of coffee and I open the coffee tin to find a note saying "Cofffeeee time I love you xx".
My heart melted and a tear came to my eye that he left me a little reminder, knowing I would be making coffee. I then proceed to the bathroom and step in the shower, look up to see he had wrote on my shampoo bottle in marker I LOVE YOU. I pinch myself, because it is still kind of early and I must possibly be dreaming that I really am marrying a man that is this sweet? OUCH! Nope, definately awake!
I go into work and am walking around feeling something weird in my shoe. I get all aggrevated that I now have to take my shoe off, only to find another little sweet something....

I really am the luckiest girl in this universe. Not only that he did those things but that he knew I would be wearing those shoes. To be fair I've been wearing them alot lately but still.

I bid you adieu.
Shall see you tomorrow!

What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories- George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers