Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy UK Mothers day:)

I would like to take a moment and thank Pam for everythings she has done for me. For being the prodigious mother she is to David. Raising him to be the respectful and astonishing man that I am going to marry and someday the father of my child(ren). I want to thank her opening her arms, her home and her heart to me. I am very much a momma's girl. I've always been attatched to my mothers hip, speaking everyday and probably going no longer than 2 weeks without seeing the other.So you can imagine my fear (admitedly or not) moving away from my mom for being away long amounts of time, let alone 4,000 miles and an ocean seperating us. Not adding the fact that my mom's one and only baby girl is getting married, doing all the wedding things a mother and daughter should do, only to be done without her. That's where Pam came in, she has without a doubt made sure that I have been loved and been given all the opportunities I would if I were at home. She was there when I chose the dress I am to wear on that 27th day of July. She's done the girly things and gone above and beyond to make me feel as this is home. I now consider England home, as I also consider Arkansas home. She has broadened my horizon and educated me on healthy living. She's shared her stories, knowledge and experiences to further my wisdom of life. Pam is one of the kindest souls, one of those who goes out of her way to make sure everyone is taken care of. I geuinely couldn't have hand picked a more perfect Mother in law. I feel bad for those who don't get along with theirs. I love you Pam, Happy Mother's Day. 

My heart goes out to the mother's who's son and or daughter is no longer here. The mother's who have sat and fought for their children's life, had a child taken away by a predator, taken for whatever reason and not here now to say Happy Mothers Day.
Thank you mothers of the world; for giving us life, teaching us to be who we are today. For not walking out on us when the whole world did, loving us no matter what has happened, given us the strength to overcome obstacles that life has thrown us and teaching us nothing is impossible. You were there as we took our first breath and in our memories from as long as we can remember.
I do know that this isn't the case in every family. I know there are mothers who do not deserve the grace of gratitude. I also realize that many children of the world are not blessed to have memories with their mothers for whatever heart breaking reason that may be. Mothers who have walked out on your life with whatever unimaginable excuse, but for the deserving mothers out there I thank you.


Did you know this day may have emerged from a custom of mother worship in ancient Greece, which kept a festival to Cybele, a great mother of Greek gods. This festival was held around the Vernal Equinox around Asia Minor and eventually in Rome itself from the Ides of March (15 March) to 18 March.

So I've had last night planned for a coupleweeks now. I will let you know I am the worst with gifts, surprises anything of the manor. I am the kind of person who has to buy a gift for someone last minute or I will either tell them or force them to open it up early. I also am that way with gifts for myself I pretty much somehow always figure it out. :p Sooo I had decided for David's birthday to have some friends come out since this maybe the last time we are here for awhile to celebrate his birthday. David thought we were just going to a meal with his family and when we showed up Davids parents, brother & fiance and two other of our friend couples were there. He was so surprised and had no clue . Then afterwards we went for a drink in a club we like called Aloha and I had arranged a bunch of others to meet us there. I am just so proud of myself for keeping a secret surprise for so long!!! Thanks to everyone who showed up and gave David the birthday he deserves.:D



Right before setting off for dinner :) 



 Some wine and beer why not.



And birthday ice cream :)


Day 43 of 365:


Thanks again to all the amazing mothers out there.

-Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers