Saturday 19 February 2011

Better Late than Never

Howdy y'all!
I have been putting this off and putting this off.  I really didn't want to start the blog without it looking tip top but I decided to just bite the bullet and start blogging and you can just watch as it transforms. Hopefully it transforms sooner than later because I'm not all that happy with how the blog looks.
But a blog is better than no blog.

My name is Tanja Heffner. I recently moved to Liverpool England to be with my fiance David, before that I lived in Arkansas. There, I was working for a wedding photographer (check her out www.erikadotsonphotography.com ) now I am trying to take what I learned and get on my own two feet.

Photography by Tanja
I am a free lance photographer and do not want to focus on any particular area. I enjoy taking pictures of all sorts.
A few facts to get to know me :
I am marrying David Aden July 27.
Mornings aren't the same without coffee.
I speak German and English.
I was born in Colorado but grew up in Germany.
I am a US and German Citizen...makes for easy travel.
My favorite color is plum.
I am and will always be ever amazed by the universe, I could literally just stare for hours at the sky on a clear night. One of David and I's favorite past time.
I love monkeys, monkey life, anything to do with monkeys.
I also have a slight addiction with owls.
I was born with one kidney.
Traveling is something I cherish, not only visiting another country and seeing the amazing architechture of other places but I really just love seeing the resembelance and difference of life. I want t travel all over the world, encounter life changing experiences, come face to face with the people that make an impact, and become someonewho changes the world.
I collect vintage cameras.
I have 3 tattoos and one of which is a camera.
My mother is my absolute best friend. Although 3,000 miles apart we still find a way to talk everyday.

Well I think that's enough facts for the day.Have a long journey ahead to get to know more.
Check back tomorrow I will be starting my 365 picture post. I really hope to go through with this and finish it all the way. I think this year is the year to do it.

I will leave you with something that really touched my heart I read on someone's blog once. I can't remember for life of me who it was off of I had just wrote it down because it was so amazing.

The photograph is more than just a memory. It's a reflection of a deep place in us all. Of not who we were or who we will become, but more importantly who we are at that very moment in time. It's a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
I'm a former Arkansan who followed her heart to England. I began blogging to keep my family and friends back home up to date with my life and wedding preparations. Now I plan to explore further into the blogging of projects, inspirations, aspirations and just a look into my life. I am a photographer who is also trying to break through in this fast paced demanding world of photography. I love taking pictures, diying, blogging, running, baking and cooking getting caught in a good book and music that touches the soul. Thanks for stopping by.

Followers